Monday, January 31, 2011

Living the Mission: Panera Bread



My name is Brandi Terrell. My family and I have been helping with the Panera Bread ministry for several months. This involves picking up the unsold bread from Panera on Thursday nights and delivering it to Cloverleaf Apartments (a Virginia Supportive Housing facility for individuals who have been chronically homeless) on Fridays. When I first heard about the need for someone to take over the job, I was interested but didn't know how I'd find the time. God kept speaking though, so finally I volunteered. It's amazing to see how God worked out the details! The Lusk family, some good friends of ours, pick the bread up on Thursday nights and we all meet on Friday mornings to deliver it. I'm able to bring my kids with me and involve them. They LOVE knowing they are helping others and look forward to the opportunity to serve God every week. Although we don't get to see many of the tenants, those that we do see are always smiling and thankful. I have found it to be a true blessing to see God work in the lives of my children and myself, all while doing something to help others!

~Brandi Terrell

No comments:

Post a Comment