Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Request to Assist a Portsmouth Public Servant

First Norfolk Family,

I am passing on this request for your consideration as we Live the Mission in Hampton Roads. CC


My name is Roger Allen; I pastor Common Ground Community Church in Portsmouth, VA (SBCV). I am also an Auxiliary Police Officer for Portsmouth. Recently a benefit was held for an officer and his family. They lost everything they own to a house fire. I asked the officer coordinating the benefit if they had any unmet needs telling her that I believed the churches in our association would want to help the family if they could. So, I am forwarding her response to you and asking that you pray about helping a local public servant get back on his feet. I believe God would be pleased to have us do this. You can send cards if you wish, or box items up. If you contact me, I can get these items to the family. Please put the name of your church on the cards or boxes of items. Below is the letter from Lt. Lisa Smith of the Portsmouth Police Department.

Because He is with us,

Roger Allen

CGCC

757-652-1976

comngrnds@msn.com

Mr. Allen,

"They are in need of clothing, shoes, linens, dishes, and personal items. They lost everything in the fire and the insurance only covers the structure so they have to start over from nothing. They unfortunately do not have a place to store furniture or appliances at this time as they are staying with family. Here are the sizes if you have anyone who would like to donate clothing:

Mom:

Pants-size 10 Misses

Shirts-size medium Ladies

Shoes-size 6

Daughter (age 14):

pants-size 5 Junior

shirts-size small to medium

shoes-size 6

The daughter also loves to read funny books. She has a book shelf that her aunt purchased at the thrift store, but it only has a couple of books on it. Thank you so much for your offer to help them out. It means a lot!"

Thanks again,

Lisa Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment